It's no big secret that here at Best Quality Coffee, we've been long time fans of Volcanica Coffee. An online specialty roaster with an extensive list of exotic coffees, they've spent many years making a name for themselves in the upper echelon of the coffee world. We've spent quality time with their coffee (see our Volcanica Coffee review) so we can say from first hand experience that we think their coffee is some of the best that money can buy.
Recently, they launched a new product line of Nespresso capsules that has many of us (especially Nespresso fans) excited beyond measure.
The espresso pod delivery pod has become wildly popular on a global scale. In much the way that Keurig invented the K-Cup and in doing so, pioneered the entire coffee pod industry, Nespresso did the same thing with espresso pods. Any espresso pod fan knows that finding a legitimate Nespresso alternative is no easy task. There are only a handful of even the best Nespresso compatible pods that would be considered truly comparable.
The biggest concern when it comes to finding the best Nespresso compatible pods is balancing flavor and price. Sure, these alternatives will almost always be cheaper than the original. However, in many cases, this discounted price comes at the expensive of discounted flavor and richness.
These Nespresso compatible capsules promise all the incredibly deep, robust, and smooth flavors that Volcanica Coffee has come to be known for. Their new pods are compatible with Nespresso's Original Line and come in five different flavors. As a bonus, their coffee is Rainforest Alliance Certified.
What Machines are Volcanica Espresso Pods compatible with?
- Nespresso Machines for use with OriginalLine Pods
- Breville Creatista Plus
- DeLonghi Lattissima Pro
- DeLonghi Essenza Mini
What Are the Volcanica Nespresso Capsule Flavors (descending intensity)
- Intenso – Dark roasted coffee with high intensity (12 / 12). Refined acidic bite with a well-rounded balance and floral aftertaste.
- Obscuro – Dark Roasted coffee with strong intensity (10/12). Has a delightful maple crema and silky-smooth body.
- Sombra – Dark Roasted coffee that solid intensity (8/12). Nutty finish complemented by cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Perfect for a latte or cappuccino.
- Eterno – Dark Roasted Costa Rican coffee with a mild intensity (7/12). Full, elegant, and juicy flavors that are the result of being grown in high altitudes.
- Media Noche – Dark Roasted coffee with the lowest intensity (6/12). Bright coffee with fruity notes and inspiring aromatic features.
As per their name, Volcanica Coffee specifically sources exotic coffees from volcanic regions all over the world. Both the distinct and subtle nuances of the coffee bean's natural flavor are influenced by the soil and environment in which the coffee plant is grown. Coffee grown in mineral-rich volcanic soil yields a highly sought after bean.