The introduction of the new Jura S8 Espresso Machine marks the revival of Jura's highly popular “S” line. It's been a few years since Jura fans have seen a new “S” model and so the arrival of the S8 has been an eagerly anticipated event. Check out our Jura S8 Review to see just how impressive this new piece of equipment really is and whether it's the right high end espresso machine for you.
The Jura S8 was created with a focus on simplicity, convenience, and customization. It's hard to come by an espresso machine that offers all three qualities with such flawless execution. It's certainly an exciting time as coffee lovers are being treated to new possibilities with the merging of coffee and technology. With the Jura S8, it's never been easier to create barista-quality specialty coffee.
For all of the different features and customization options available on this machine, the Jura is astoundingly easy to use. It's not unusual for newcomers in the world of high-end espresso machines to feel a little intimidated at first. Fortunately, the Jura S8 comes ready to use right out of the box. One of the first things you'll notice about it is that it has no buttons. Instead, users are treated to a 4.3″ touch-screen with an interface that mirrors the user intuitive experience of a smart phone. The interface is polished, thoughtful and easy to use. The same can be said of the overall design of the machine as well. Jura has a long history of impressing the world with their product design, and the Jura S8 is helps raise the bar even higher.
- One of the most appreciated features of the Jura S8 is its smart water filter that lets you know when a filter change is needed. That's one less thing to have to remember and as we all know, the quality of water is just as important as the quality of coffee itself. This allows for worry-free descaling maintenance.
- Pulse Extraction Process (PEP) is a system that pushes pressurized water through the coffee grounds in short intervals or bursts. This process ultimately makes for better tasting espresso and more crema.
- The grinder can grind 16 grams in a single cycle which is 4 or 5 grams more than other competing machines
- A heavy stainless steel grinder lid makes for one of the quietest grinds on the market. While noise may not be as big a concern in a commercial setting, it's an especially welcomed feature for home baristas or prosumers. Additionally, the grinder comes with a very convenient seal that keeps your beans nice and fresh.
- When it comes to making milk-based drinks, hygiene is particularly important. 15 minutes after using the machine, the Jura S8 will auto-rinse the frothing device.
- 14.5″ of cup clearance allows you to make drinks of truly “any” size
- 64 ounce reservoir
Last but certainly not least, no Jura S8 review could be complete without talking about the inordinate number of customization options that are available with the Jura S8. Anyone spending this kind of money on a coffee machine is clearly pursuing perfection in their brew whether it's for themselves at home or serving others in a coffeehouse. This workhorse of a machine can produce 15 different specialty drinks ranging from machiattos and cappuccinos to lattes and ristretto. Each of these drinks can be further fine-tuned to the user's preferences. The Jura S8 offers 10 different coffee strength settings along with 6 different grinder settings that allow you to make your coffee exactly as you want it.
If you're a lover milk-based coffee drinks then the Jura S8 has a special feature for you. We mentioned this before in our features section, but it's worth mentioning again. You can customize your froth. Being able to easily adjust the consistency and texture of your foam is a level of detailed control that most coffee lovers will never know. The Jura S8 allows you to produce extra fine foam to extra “airy” foam along with everything in between.
Jura S8 Review: How's the Espresso?
The Jura S8 produces impeccable coffee and espresso. If it didn't, none of the things mentioned in this Jura S8 review would matter. At the end of the day, you'll be hard pressed to find a machine that produces a brew made with such precision and care. To be honest, we would expect nothing less from Jura as this machine truly embodies the Jura's ethos of producing a luxury product that's simple and easy to use. The machine's full touchscreen puts this Jura S8 in a class by itself. It's a gem of an espresso machine that will satisfy even the most uncompromising commercial barista or prosumer.
Where to buy a Jura S8
We'll close out this Jura S8 review by discussing a few things to consider if you're interested in buying one. There are a number of different places where you can buy a Jura S8 from Amazon to Jura themselves. Like with any purchase, saving money is often the most important factor. However, we urge you to consider some other variables such as customer service, gift incentives, return policies, warranty-lengths, etc. Sizable investments such as this will often come with gifts such as free coffee, mugs, accessories, and the like. Having explored different online options, we recommend 1stinCoffee to those looking to buy a Jura S8 for their price match guarantee, free shipping, and gift incentives. We've outlined the reasons below:
- Low price guarantee – that's rare these days especially for online vendors
- Free gift valued at $229: Jura 34oz Milk Cooler
- Free Shipping
- 2 year warranty
- Proven customer service
Alternative Buying Options for the Jura S8
If the price tag of a Jura is out of your budget, you may consider purchasing manufacturer refurbished Jura machines. They are significantly less expensive and their manufacturer's warranty will give you peace of mind in knowing you have the support of the Jura brand. Buying refurbished Jura can be a perfect middle ground for shoppers looking for savings and value at the same time.